Men's Cycling Outerwear
All Day Quilted Gilet Stone
All Day Quilted Gilet Pine
Men’s Cycling Outerwear
Streamlined for maximum agility and enhanced for maximum comfort, Attaquer's range of road cycling jackets for men is designed to provide optimal protection and performance on your rides. Whether you're facing unpredictable weather or need a boost of warmth, Attaquer has you covered with a variety of gilets and jerseys tailored to fit your needs.
With a wide range of styles and colours to choose from, you're sure to find the best men’s cycling jacket that complements your personal style. Built with the highest standards in mind, Attaquer's cycling jackets for men promise a perfect fit, unbeatable warmth, and maximum functionality for your rides. Discover the full range of men's cycling apparel and gear, and reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Should I wear a jacket while cycling?
Yes, if you're riding in cool or inclement weather, it is definitely advisable to consider investing in high quality cycling jackets. Mens’ cycling jackets can help keep you warm and dry, and also protect you from the elements such as wind, rain, and even the sun. Wearing a jacket can also make you more visible to motorists and other cyclists, especially if the jacket is brightly coloured or has reflective elements.
It's important to choose a men’s cycling jacket that is designed specifically for cycling, as these jackets are typically more breathable, stretchy, and form-fitting than other types of jackets. This helps to minimise wind resistance and allows for maximum range of motion while you're riding. Additionally, many cycling jackets for men come with features like zippered pockets, waterproofing, and ventilation to help make your ride as comfortable and convenient as possible.
What should I look for in a cycling jacket?
When choosing a men’s cycling jacket, there are several key factors to consider:
- Fabric: Look for a fabric that is lightweight, breathable, and water-resistant or waterproof. This will help keep you dry and comfortable on your ride.
- Fit: A good cycling jacket should be form-fitting to reduce wind resistance and allow for maximum freedom of movement. Opt for a jacket with adjustable cuffs, hem, and waist to get the right fit.
- Ventilation: Good ventilation is important to keep you cool and comfortable on your ride. It’s a good idea to choose jackets with zippered vents or mesh panels that allow air to circulate.
- Reflective elements: If you'll be riding in low-light conditions, look for a men’s cycling jacket with reflective elements to increase your visibility to motorists and other cyclists.
- Pockets: Consider how many pockets you'll need and what you'll be storing in your cycling jacket. Men’s cycling jackets can sometimes include pockets specifically designed for your phone, wallet, or other essentials.
- Weather protection: If you'll be riding in rainy or wet conditions, choose a waterproof or water-resistant jacket with a good level of weather protection.
- Style: Finally, choose a style that fits your personal taste and the type of cycling you'll be doing. There are a variety of styles to choose from, including short-sleeve, long-sleeve, and vest-style jackets.
Are cycling jackets supposed to be short?
Cycling jackets for men come in a variety of lengths, and the length of the jacket depends on your personal preference and the type of cycling you'll be doing.
Short-sleeve or sleeveless jackets are typically lighter and more breathable, making them ideal for warm weather riding or for layering over a short-sleeve jersey. These types of men’s cycling jackets often provide minimal protection from wind and rain.
Long-sleeve jackets, meanwhile, provide more protection from the elements and are ideal for cooler weather riding or for layering over a long-sleeve jersey. These jackets often come with additional features such as zippered pockets, waterproofing, and ventilation to help keep you comfortable on your ride.
Vest-style road cycling jackets for men are a combination of the two, providing some coverage for your arms while still allowing for maximum breathability. They're great for transitional weather or for layering over a short-sleeve jersey.
Should biker jackets be tight or loose?
Cycling jackets should be form-fitting and not too loose. This will help to minimise wind resistance and allows for maximum freedom of movement while you're riding. A well-fitting cycling jacket should be snug but not restrictive, allowing you to move freely and comfortably on your bike.
When choosing a size for your men’s cycling jacket, it’s also important to consider the type of layering you'll be doing. If you'll be wearing the jacket over multiple layers, you may want to choose a slightly larger size to accommodate those layers.